February Lawn & Garden Tips
Prepping for Spring
- February is the best time to apply EC Grow Weed Preventer plus Fertilizer for spring weed control in Bermuda or fescue lawns. Do not apply EC Grow if you are seeding any grass this spring.
- Control existing broadleaf lawn weeds with Gordon’s Speed Zone.
- Till flower and vegetable beds with Back to Earth Soil Conditioner or purchase a raised bed garden kit from TLC Garden Centers.
- Begin the vegetable garden with cool-season crops such as potatoes, onions, asparagus, rhubarb, and strawberries.
- Seed semi-hardy vegetable crops, such as lettuce, turnips, radishes, after Feb 15th.
- Prevent insects, including borers, and fertilize established shade and ornamental trees, fruit and nut trees, and shrubs with Bayer Tree & Shrub – Protect & Feed.
- Hi-Yield Dormant Oil Spray can still be applied to control mites, galls, overwintering aphids, etc., on fruit trees, grapes, berries, and roses.
- Plant shade and fruit trees, berries, grapes, and shrubs.
- In late Feb. seed new areas or overseed existing areas of shady lawn grasses. Seed with Crossfire 3 Tall Fescue Seed, Rembrandt Tall Fescue, or TLC Premium Sun & Shade Mix and apply Fertilome New Lawn Starter Fertilizer.
- Finish pruning shade trees, summer flowering shrubs, and hedges. Spring blooming shrubs such as forsythia may be pruned immediately after flowering.
- Dura-Zone Weed & Grass Killer kills all types of existing weeds and grass, plus prevents new weeds from emerging for up to 6 months. Excellent for use on driveway and sidewalk cracks, patios, along fences and foundations.
- Dr. Earth has arrived to TLC Garden Centers. Dr. Earth is considered by many to be the most innovative organic gardening company in the nation. Dr. Earth fertilizers, insecticides, and herbicides are now available at both TLC locations.
Get Growing Today!
Come visit our 150,000 square feet of greenhouses plus 10 acres of trees, shrubs and flowers! TLC Garden Centers provides everything you need to add colorful landscaping around your home, office and beyond. Our Landscape Designers are ready to get your project started today! Get Growing Oklahoma™!
Planting & Landscape Services
Let the Plant Professionals at TLC Garden Centers take the hassle out of transporting and installing your trees and shrubs with our Landscape Installation Service. Ask a Plant Professional about our Landscape Installation Service from TLC Garden Centers.
TREES & SHRUBS
TLC Garden Centers has a larger selection of trees and shrubs than any other garden center in Oklahoma. The TLC Plant Professionals travel nationwide to find the best varieties of trees and shrubs for Oklahoma's tough growing conditions.
TLC Garden Centers is one of the largest independent nursery, greenhouse and landscape retailers in the country. TLC grows more plants locally than any other garden center in Oklahoma. Come visit our 150,000 square feet of greenhouses, 10 acres of trees, shrubs and flowers and get expert advice from our TLC Plant Professionals!