August Lawn & Garden Tips
Check your August Bucks balance!
If you have a 405 area code, do not enter 405 as part of your phone number (Example: 5551212).
If you have an area code outside of 405, please include your area code as part of the phone number (Example: 2145551212).
Please enter your number with no spaces or dashes.
Your August Bucks balance shown is as of August 1, 2020.
To receive up to 50% OFF, give the cashier your phone number at checkout. Your ‘Bucks’ will be applied to your purchase immediately.
August Bucks are redeemable through 09/07/20 for in-store retail purchases only and cannot be used to purchase gift cards, landscape design, delivery or installation services. August Bucks cannot be combined with other offers.
August Lawn & Garden Tips
- Most shrubs and perennials may still be planted as long as adequately watered. Crapemyrtle, Althea (Rose of Sharon), Vitex, and Desert Willow provide excellent summer blooms. Fertilize new plantings with Fertilome™ Root Stimulator.
- Heat loving annuals may still be planted for summer color, such as lantana, penta, angelonia, hibiscus, purslane, portulaca (rose moss), periwinkle, begonia, etc.
- Pinch back leggy annuals and remove old blooms, also called Deadheading, to encourage new growth and blooms. Fertilize with TLC Garden Max Fertilizer and water regularly.
- Apply Crabgrass & Annual Bluegrass Preventer for weed control in Bermuda or fescue lawns this fall. It prevents weeds by killing seeds, so do not apply if you are seeding any grass this fall.
- Kill most common lawn pests, including: ants, fleas, ticks, with Bio Advanced Complete Insect Killer.
- Plant a fall vegetable and herb garden.
- Mulch, Mulch, Mulch to keep weeds down and increase water retention in landscape beds and gardens. Grade A Cypress Mulch has been in short supply all spring, but we have found a new source and it in stock now. Grade A Cedar Mulch or Pecan Hulls are also excellent mulches.
- During dry weather, be sure to keep all plantings adequately watered. A weekly deep, soaking is more beneficial than a daily light sprinkling. Water between 6 & 10 am to avoid evaporation.
- Proper watering of newly planted trees and shrubs often means the difference between success and replacement.
- The hotter and drier it gets, the larger the spider mite populations become. Keep a close eye on all plants and bring samples of insects or damage to TLC Garden Centers for diagnosis.
OKC’s Only Garden Center Loyalty Program!
All purchases made from TLC Garden Center locations between February 15th and July 31st have been earning you points. For every $10 you spent at TLC, you earned an August Buck! Members Saved more than $200,000 in August 2017 using their August Bucks!
August Bucks can be redeemed for up to 50% Off on all merchandise at TLC!
Get Growing Today!
Come visit our 150,000 square feet of greenhouses plus 10 acres of trees, shrubs and flowers! TLC Garden Centers provides everything you need to add colorful landscaping around your home, office and beyond. Our Landscape Designers are ready to get your project started today! Get Growing Oklahoma™!
Planting & Landscape Services
Let the Plant Professionals at TLC Garden Centers take the hassle out of transporting and installing your trees and shrubs with our Landscape Installation Service. Ask a Plant Professional about our Landscape Installation Service from TLC Garden Centers.
TREES & SHRUBS
TLC Garden Centers has a larger selection of trees and shrubs than any other garden center in Oklahoma. The TLC Plant Professionals travel nationwide to find the best varieties of trees and shrubs for Oklahoma's tough growing conditions.
TLC Garden Centers is one of the largest independent nursery, greenhouse and landscape retailers in the country. TLC grows more plants locally than any other garden center in Oklahoma. Come visit our 150,000 square feet of greenhouses, 10 acres of trees, shrubs and flowers and get expert advice from our TLC Plant Professionals!