August Lawn & Garden Tips
Redeem your August Bucks between August 1st and September 4th!
August Lawn & Garden Tips
- Most shrubs and perennials may still be planted as long as adequately watered. Crapemyrtle, Althea (Rose of Sharon), Vitex, and Desert Willow provide excellent summer blooms. Fertilize new plantings with Fertilome™ Root Stimulator.
- Heat loving annuals may still be planted for summer color, such as lantana, penta, angelonia, hibiscus, purslane, portulaca (rose moss), periwinkle, begonia, etc.
- Pinch back leggy annuals and remove old blooms, also called Deadheading, to encourage new growth and blooms. Fertilize with TLC Garden Max Fertilizer and water regularly.
- Apply EC Grow Weed Preventer plus Fertlizer to stop crabgrass and broadleaf weeds from emerging in lawns this fall.
- Kill most common lawn pests, including: ants, fleas, ticks, with Bayer Complete™ Insect Killer.
- Plant a fall vegetable and herb garden.
- Mulch, Mulch, Mulch to keep weeds down and increase water retention in landscape beds and gardens. Grade A Cypress, Grade A Cedar Mulch or Pecan Hulls are excellent mulches.
- During dry weather, be sure to keep all plantings adequately watered. A weekly deep soaking is more beneficial than a daily light sprinkling. Water between 6 & 10 am to avoid evaporation.
- Proper watering of newly planted trees and shrubs often means the difference between success and replacement.
- The hotter and drier it gets, the larger the spider mite populations become. Keep a close eye on all plants and bring samples of insects or damage to TLC Garden Centers for diagnosis.
Get Growing Today!
Come visit our 150,000 square feet of greenhouses plus 10 acres of trees, shrubs and flowers! TLC Garden Centers provides everything you need to add colorful landscaping around your home, office and beyond. Our Landscape Designers are ready to get your project started today! Get Growing Oklahoma™!
Our TLC Plant Professionals will create the perfect look for your residential and commercial landscape project, no matter the size. Whether you want a custom outdoor living space, unique garden pathways or a dramatic water feature, the experts at TLC Landscape Services are ready to bring your ideas to life.
VEGETABLES & HERBS
Backyard gardening starts here! Be your own farmer's market with TLC Garden Centers. We have Oklahoma City's largest selection of Locally-Grown vegetable plants and organic gardening supplies. Grow and enjoy fresh vegetables all season long with GMO-FREE seeds.
TLC Garden Centers is one of the largest independent nursery, greenhouse and landscape retailers in the country. TLC grows more plants locally than any other garden center in Oklahoma. Come visit our 150,000 square feet of greenhouses, 10 acres of trees, shrubs and flowers and get expert advice from our TLC Plant Professionals!