December Lawn & Garden Tips
December Lawn & Garden Tips
- Select your Christmas tree from TLC Garden Centers in late November while selection is the best. Trees from 4 to 15 feet tall are available, including Noble Fir, Fraser Fir, and Douglas Fir. We also flock Christmas trees white for a beautiful snowy appearance. We have delivery service available for Edmond and North OKC.
- Pines, spruce, cedars, and junipers are most suitable for use as a living Christmas tree. TLC Garden Centers stock these in several varieties and sizes. The main consideration in a living Christmas tree is it should only be kept in the house for 5-7 days and not exceed 10 days.
- TLC Garden Centers grows 30,000 beautiful Poinsettias in every color and size. We have unique holiday pots with poinsettias and greenery combinations. Also see our selection of rosemary, Christmas cactus, Cyclamen, and Norfolk Pines.
- Our large selection of Live Christmas wreaths, roping, and greenery will add beauty to any home décor.
- Visit TLC for gift ideas for your special gardener, such as chimineas, wind chimes, terrariums, fairy gardens, and gift cards.
- Pansies may still be planted. Fertilize at time of planting with Hi-Yield Blood Meal, which also repels rabbits.
- December is a great time to plant any tree and many shrubs.
- Finish planting spring flowering bulbs such as tulips, daffodils, etc., Use Hi-Yield Bone Meal.
- Mulch beds to insulate for winter with Premium Cedar, Premium Cypress, or Pecan Hulls.
- Remove fallen leaves from covering cool-season grasses
- Control existing broadleaf lawn weeds with Gordon’s Speed Zone.
- Prune trees, grapes and berries as needed.
- Feed and water birds daily.
- Spray Dormant Oil Spray for over-wintering insects, such as scale.
- Drain gasoline from power equipment. Drain and store water hoses.
- If rainfall has been deficient, water trees, shrubs, and lawns to prevent winter damage.
Get Growing Today!
Come visit our 150,000 square feet of greenhouses plus 10 acres of trees, shrubs and flowers! TLC Garden Centers provides everything you need to add colorful landscaping around your home, office and beyond. Our Landscape Designers are ready to get your project started today! Get Growing Oklahoma™!
Let the Plant Professionals at TLC Garden Centers take the hassle out of transporting and installing your trees and shrubs with our planting services.
TLC Garden Centers is one of the largest independent nursery, greenhouse and landscape retailers in the country. TLC grows more plants locally than any other garden center in Oklahoma. Come visit our 150,000 square feet of greenhouses, 10 acres of trees, shrubs and flowers and get expert advice from our TLC Plant Professionals!
TREES & SHRUBS
TLC Garden Centers has a larger selection of trees and shrubs than any other garden center in Oklahoma. The TLC Plant Professionals travel nationwide to find the best varieties of trees and shrubs for Oklahoma's tough growing conditions.