Fall Bulbs: Dig, Drop & Done
Fall Bulbs for Spring Blooms
Add color to your garden next spring with fall planted bulbs! Get the best selection early and plant in mid-late November!
- Prepare Your Soil – Good soil drainage is essential in raising bulbs. If you have a soil with high clay content, it can be improved by adding compost such as Back to Earth or Humore to the soil.
- Fertilization – After digging the hole for the bulb apply a bulb fertilizer, such as Bone Meal to the bottom of the hole.
- Vermin Prevention – To protect bulbs from birds, squirrels, and chipmunks apply Repels-All in the hole along with the fertilizer.
- Planting – The general rule of thumb for planting spring bulbs is to plant 2-3 times as deep as the bulb is tall. Unsure which side is up? Plant the bulb on its side and gravity will do the rest.
- Water– Water well after planting. This will help settle the soil in the planting bed and will also provide the moisture necessary for the bulbs to start rooting. Avoid over-watering at planting time since this can result in bulb rot.
- Mulching – Apply mulch to keep the weeds down and to retain moisture. Mulch also acts as an insulator to help minimize temperature fluctuations in the bed.
Get Growing Today!
Come visit our 150,000 square feet of greenhouses plus 10 acres of trees, shrubs and flowers! TLC Garden Centers provides everything you need to add colorful landscaping around your home, office and beyond. Our Landscape Designers are ready to get your project started today! Get Growing Oklahoma™!
Let the Plant Professionals at TLC Garden Centers take the hassle out of transporting and installing your trees and shrubs with our planting services.
TLC Garden Centers is one of the largest independent nursery, greenhouse and landscape retailers in the country. TLC grows more plants locally than any other garden center in Oklahoma. Come visit our 150,000 square feet of greenhouses, 10 acres of trees, shrubs and flowers and get expert advice from our TLC Plant Professionals!
TREES & SHRUBS
TLC Garden Centers has a larger selection of trees and shrubs than any other garden center in Oklahoma. The TLC Plant Professionals travel nationwide to find the best varieties of trees and shrubs for Oklahoma's tough growing conditions.