October Lawn & Garden Tips
October Lawn & Garden Tips
- Plant Pansies, Panolas & Violas now for spectacular colors this fall, winter & early spring. Fertilize when planting with Hi-Yield Blood Meal, which also repels rabbits.
- Plant Mums and Ornamental Cabbage & Kale for fall color.
- Time to seed new areas or overseed existing area of shady lawn grasses. Seed with Crossfire 3 Tall Fescue Seed, Rembrandt Tall Fescue, or TLC Premium Sun and Shade Mix and apply Fertilome New Lawn Starter Fertlizer.
- Fall is a great time to plant container grown shade trees, shrubs and ground covers.
- Buy spring flowering bulbs such as tulips, daffodils, etc., but don’t plant until November,
- If you haven’y yet, apply EC Grow Weed Preventer plus Fertilizer for spring weed control in Bermuda or Fescue lawns. Do not apply any EC Grow if you are seeding any grass this fall.
- Control existing broadleaf lawn weeds with Gordon’s Speed Zone.
- Fertilize established fescue shady lawn grass with TLC Premium Lawn Food.
- Plant perennials now to allow them enough time to establish for winter.
- Fertilize established trees and shrubs with TLC Tree, Shrub and Landscape Food.
- Fertilize flower beds and containers with Osmocote Plant Food.
- Till flower and vegetable beds with Back to Earth Soil Conditioner.
- Mulch beds to prevent weeds, retain moisture, and insulate plants for winter, use Grade A Cedar Mulch, Grade A Cypress Mulch or Pecan Hulls.
- Sow wild flower seeds.
- Plant Iris and Peonies.
- Dig up and store Elephant Ears, Cannas, Gladiolas and Caladiums.
- Move houseplants inside when night temperatures are below 50 degrees. Treat with Bonide Systemic Houseplant Insect Control.
Get Growing Today!
Come visit our 150,000 square feet of greenhouses plus 10 acres of trees, shrubs and flowers! TLC Garden Centers provides everything you need to add colorful landscaping around your home, office and beyond. Our Landscape Designers are ready to get your project started today! Get Growing Oklahoma™!
Planting & Landscape Services
Let the Plant Professionals at TLC Garden Centers take the hassle out of transporting and installing your trees and shrubs with our Landscape Installation Service. Ask a Plant Professional about our Landscape Installation Service from TLC Garden Centers.
TREES & SHRUBS
TLC Garden Centers has a larger selection of trees and shrubs than any other garden center in Oklahoma. The TLC Plant Professionals travel nationwide to find the best varieties of trees and shrubs for Oklahoma's tough growing conditions.
TLC Garden Centers is one of the largest independent nursery, greenhouse and landscape retailers in the country. TLC grows more plants locally than any other garden center in Oklahoma. Come visit our 150,000 square feet of greenhouses, 10 acres of trees, shrubs and flowers and get expert advice from our TLC Plant Professionals!