September Lawn & Gardening Tips
September Lawn & Garden Tips
- Fall is for planting and now is a great time to plant container grown shade trees, shrubs, and ground covers. New inventory is arriving weekly.
- Fall is also the time for protecting your existing trees and shrubs with Bayer Tree & Shrub Protect & Feed.
- Overseed shady lawns with TLC Premium Sun & Shade Mixture or Crossfire Tall Fescue Seed and apply Fertilome New Lawn Starter.
- Apply EC Grow Weed Preventer plus Fertilizer for spring weed control in Bermuda or fescue lawns. Do not apply EC Grow if you are seeding any grass this fall.
- Clean up roses and fertilize for fall blooms with Bayer All-In-One Rose Care.
- Plant Mums and Asters for fall blooms.
- Fertilize established shady lawn grass with TLC Premium Lawn Food in mid-late September.
- Plant a fall vegetable garden. Garden seed along with tomato and pepper plants are available at TLC.
- Plant Ornamental Cabbage and Kale for fall color.
- Plant Pansies in mid-late September for fall and winter color, use TLC Pansy Food.
- Buy fall bulbs-tulips, daffodils, etc., but don’t plant until November.
- Plant perennials now to allow establishment before winter.
- Fertilize flower beds and containers with Osmocote Plant Food.
- Fertilize established trees and shrubs with TLC Tree, Shrub, and Landscape Food.
- Till flower and vegetable beds with Back To Earth Soil Conditioner.
- Sow wild flower seeds.
- Treat for lawn grubs with Bayer Complete Insect Killer.
- Tree wrap young, thin barked trees for winter protection.
Get Growing Today!
Come visit our 150,000 square feet of greenhouses plus 10 acres of trees, shrubs and flowers! TLC Garden Centers provides everything you need to add colorful landscaping around your home, office and beyond. Our Landscape Designers are ready to get your project started today! Get Growing Oklahoma™!
Our TLC Plant Professionals will create the perfect look for your residential and commercial landscape project, no matter the size. Whether you want a custom outdoor living space, unique garden pathways or a dramatic water feature, the experts at TLC Landscape Services are ready to bring your ideas to life.
VEGETABLES & HERBS
Backyard gardening starts here! Be your own farmer's market with TLC Garden Centers. We have Oklahoma City's largest selection of Locally-Grown vegetable plants and organic gardening supplies. Grow and enjoy fresh vegetables all season long with GMO-FREE seeds.
TLC Garden Centers is one of the largest independent nursery, greenhouse and landscape retailers in the country. TLC grows more plants locally than any other garden center in Oklahoma. Come visit our 150,000 square feet of greenhouses, 10 acres of trees, shrubs and flowers and get expert advice from our TLC Plant Professionals!