September Lawn & Gardening Tips
September Lawn & Garden Tips
- Fall is for planting and now is a great time to plant container grown shade trees, shrubs, and ground covers. New inventory is arriving weekly.
- Fall is also the time for protecting your existing trees and shrubs with Bio Advanced Tree & Shrub Protect & Feed.
- Overseed shady lawns with TLC Premium Sun & Shade Mixture or Crossfire 4 Tall Fescue Seed and apply Fertilome New Lawn Starter.
- Apply Sure Green Crabgrass & Annual Bluegrass Preventer Plus Lawn Food for weed control in Bermuda or fescue lawns this fall. It prevents weeds by killing seeds, so do not apply if you are seeding any grass this fall.
- Clean up roses and fertilize for fall blooms with Bio Advanced All-In-One Rose Care
- Plant Mums and Asters for fall blooms
- Fertilize established shady lawn grass with TLC Premium Lawn Food in mid-late September
- Plant a fall vegetable garden. Garden seed along with tomato and pepper plants are available at TLC
- Plant Ornamental Cabbage and Kale for fall color
- Plant Pansies in mid-late Sept for fall and winter color, use TLC Pansy Food
- Buy fall bulbs-tulips, daffodils, etc., but don’t plant until November
- Plant perennials now to allow establishment before winter
- Fertilize flower beds and containers with TLC Garden Max or Osmocote Plant Food
- Fertilize established trees and shrubs with TLC Tree, Shrub, and Landscape Food
- Till flower and vegetable beds with Back To Earth Soil Conditioner
- Sow wild flower seeds
- Treat for lawn grubs with Bio Advanced Season Long Grub Control
- Tree wrap young, thin barked trees for winter protection
Get Growing Today!
Come visit our 150,000 square feet of greenhouses plus 10 acres of trees, shrubs and flowers! TLC Garden Centers provides everything you need to add colorful landscaping around your home, office and beyond. Our Landscape Designers are ready to get your project started today! Get Growing Oklahoma™!
Planting & Landscape Services
Let the Plant Professionals at TLC Garden Centers take the hassle out of transporting and installing your trees and shrubs with our Landscape Installation Service. Ask a Plant Professional about our Landscape Installation Service from TLC Garden Centers.
TREES & SHRUBS
TLC Garden Centers has a larger selection of trees and shrubs than any other garden center in Oklahoma. The TLC Plant Professionals travel nationwide to find the best varieties of trees and shrubs for Oklahoma's tough growing conditions.
TLC Garden Centers is one of the largest independent nursery, greenhouse and landscape retailers in the country. TLC grows more plants locally than any other garden center in Oklahoma. Come visit our 150,000 square feet of greenhouses, 10 acres of trees, shrubs and flowers and get expert advice from our TLC Plant Professionals!